Wiki Reflection Blog


Wiki Reflection Blog

This literature review was one of the most rewarding experiences I have had during my university career.  My team was humble and honored our work agreements to attend meetings, be available using google hangouts and google chat. We helped one another with new technology encounters and encouraged each other consistently and through prayer.

1.      The first phase of the literature was to narrow down our topic of interest. After we selected our topic, I did research into the major areas of concern in k-12 distance education and presented to the team a few categories. The team was excited and motivated and we went ahead and selected subtopics to focus our efforts.

2.      The next phase was to work on the literature for each subtopic. The wiki was created and along with a google doc for the team to begin building an outline. I helped build the outline and the document. As research articles were presented I wrote each article summary to organize the information.

3.      After completing my subtopic on retention rates and motivational factors for students in k-12 distance education, I began to review the other subtopics and developed the conclusion for the paper.

Working as a team has resulted in my higher order thinking skills to work in collaboration toward a greater whole. This project allowed me to contribute research that I am passionate about, and I feel that my team was just as passionate about their contributions.

As my final class before graduation, I am over joyed by this experience and I feel confident and empowered moving into the workforce. I grew spiritually working with my team and believe that my collaboration skills have leveled up, so to speak.

Now that I am approaching graduation, I believe I have developed new critical skills that are required in the work place. I was recently doing a job search, and found that the skills I have learned over the past year at the master’s level have prepared me for a career in higher-distance education. I believe I have reciprocity that qualifies me for a job after exit counseling.

Comments

  1. You make a great point about this project building higher order thinking skills through the collaboration and work toward a greater whole, Sharee. I have worked in collaborative groups to create projects in other courses but the portions that each student was responsible for stood on their own more and combined to create the final product. In this case, the paper had to flow and come together as one work which certainly did require a different type of collaboration. I look forward to working together on this last segment as we move into final polishing of this paper and our research proposal. Won’t it be exciting if we can get this published? Congratulations on the completion of your program and blessings in all you do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EDUC 639 The muddiest points

Diverse learning tools

Take Away and Lesson Objectives