Diverse learning tools

Technology has changed how students receive professional academic help through distance tutoring. As a tutor online, I am able to use screen sharing with Camtasia 9, have live streaming video on skype and utilize a white board with my student one-on-one. This technology allows both the student and I to learn comfortably in our own spaces and we can submit work to be easily assessed for grammar, spelling, word choice, and content flow using Google Docs for collaboration efforts (Clifford, 2016).
I am living in Mexico. Thus, I am a diverse learner myself. For the majority of my day I listen to Spanish speakers and need to interpret the majority of what I hear using body language, expression and movement. My limited Spanish understanding has enhanced the way I communicate. To learn, I use a number of free apps on my Ipad, such as Duolingo, FluentU and Babbel.  
I learn to adapt and find creative ways to communicate which I believe supports the learners I teach. In teaching and learning I always remember Isaiah 41:10 “fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand” (NIV).
References:
Clifford , M. (2016, June 29). Learning environment: 20 things educators need to know about learning spaces. Retrieved April 13, 2017, from  http://www.opencolleges.edu.au/informed/features/20-          things-educators-need-to-   know-about-learning-spaces/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EDUC 639 The muddiest points

Take Away and Lesson Objectives